The Harvard Law School Program on Biblical Law and Christian Legal Studies offers students the opportunity to integrate law, leadership, and life through the study, debate, and application of the teaching of the Bible. We help students connect learning with conviction, inquiry with relationships, ideas with character, research with hope, gifts with purpose, and values with action. We seek to inspire confidence in biblical law as a source of truth powerful enough to meet global challenges, yet personal enough to inspire individual purpose.
The Program on Biblical Law and Christian Legal Studies (PBLCLS) at Harvard Law School seeks an experienced individual to serve as Executive Director of the Program. We are looking for an innovative leader that will help execute our overall strategies and goals. The Director will oversee all aspects of the financial, operational, and fund-raising needs and also establish the intellectual and professional direction of the Program.
As Executive Director you will:
- Provide transparent and high integrity leadership, demonstrating good follow-through and the ability to work independently with limited oversight and direction
- With the Faculty Director and the Advisory Board, develop strategic direction for the program
- Develop Program capacity to hire Fellows and staff, and to create a Program publication
- Oversee operations, program budget, and planning
- Develop and execute successful fundraising strategies, grant-writing, and manage donor relations
- Lead research initiatives and design and oversee programs for fellows and visiting scholars
- Develop relationships with other Programs and University Departments; organize lectures, forums and roundtables; and facilitate engagement opportunities with members of the Harvard community
Juris Doctorate and 10 years of relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Theological education and/or 5 years of related experience preferred
- Proven skills in writing, critical-thinking, and communication skills
- Knowledge of publishing in a legal environment
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Event planning and implementation experience a plus
- Background in leadership development is strongly preferred
We anticipate a start date in the early half of August in preparation for the Fall semester. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and we encourage interested parties to apply as soon as possible to ensure their application is given full consideration.
This is a term appointment expected to extend one year from start date, contingent on funding and department needs. Apply here.