Mauck & Baker, LLC seeks a litigation associate with three (3) or more years of litigation experience.
J.D. with Illinois bar admission. Prior litigation experience is required. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage multiple cases and meet deadlines, willing to work hard, creative thinking, and strong sense of ethics is required. Demonstrated client development ability or willingness to develop business is preferred but not required.
The litigation associate’s responsibilities include, but limited to, the following.
- Handle a variety of litigation cases at state trial and appellate level and in federal courts
- Draft pleadings
- Draft, edit and review substantive briefs
- Motion practice
- Handle written discovery and depositions
- Court appearance
- Manage client communications for case status and update
- Work with paralegals for effective and efficient handling of matters
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and one or two writing sample(s) the candidate drafted. Questions can be directed to Gail Jernberg, at email@example.com or 312-726-1243.