Job Summary: Christian Legal Clinics of Philadelphia (CLCP) needs to add a Neighborhood Law Office Staff Attorney (staff attorney) who will co-manage the organizations new neighborhood law offices in the Hunting Park and Kensington sections of the City. This attorney will handle increasing requests for general legal assistance with a deeper focus on immigration, family law and estate administration matters. The staff attorney will represent clients in court as well as draft legal documents. The staff attorney will also plan quarterly community legal education seminars, and actively work to foster stronger relationships with other community organizations.
CLCP is a growing Christian Legal Aid organization which seeks to do justice with the love of God by advocating for those in need in the Philadelphia area. CLCP provides free legal consultations and for residents of Philadelphia and neighboring communities through partnerships with local ministries and volunteer attorneys, additionally CLCP provides direct pro bono representation for a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to criminal record expungements, estate planning/administration, landlord-tenant, family law, and immigration.
- Provide direct consultations to clients in the Hunting Park and Kensington Neighborhood Law Offices.
- Conduct consultations to determine if clients meet CLCP eligibility requirements for pro-bono or low-bono representation.
- Represent CLCP clients during hearings and other proceedings.
- Draft legal documents for clients, including, but not limited immigration application, Wills, POAs, and Deeds.
- Track referrals made to outside counsel.
- Assist with the coordination of at least one (1) CLCP legal clinic in the neighborhood where a Law Office is located.
- Serve as on-call support for legal clinics.
- Assist development director with capturing client stories.
- Assist with coordinating social service needs for clients.
- Participate in community meetings.
- Explore ways CLCP can partner with other social service agencies in the neighborhood.
- Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar.
- 3+ years of experience as a licensed attorney (immigration experience preferred).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well within a small office setting.
- Ability to work well with volunteers.
- Ability to work well with local churches and community organizations.
- Ability to work some evenings and some Saturdays, based on clinic schedule.
Salary is $60,000. Benefits included. Submit resume and cover letter to Jaimee Hatcher at email@example.com.
Job posted 9/22/2022