External Affairs Director
The Family Foundation of Virginia is a faith-based, non-profit organization that is associated nationally with Alliance Defending Freedom and Family Research Council but is supported by individuals, businesses, and churches within Virginia. The Family Foundation of Virginia was established in 1985 and is one of the nearly 40 self-governed state family policy councils. Our mission is to empower Virginia families by applying a biblical worldview and founding principles to culture and public policy.
Primary Responsibilities: The External Affairs Director is primarily responsible for developing, directing and implementing an effective strategy for building a strong network in Northern Virginia that has a powerful impact on pro-family issues through their engagement with and financial support of The Family Foundation. Secondarily, the External Affairs Director will serve as an ambassador of The Family Foundation in policy meetings in and around Washington, D.C. when the President or policy team cannot attend. Finally, the External Affairs Director will serve as an onsite facilitator of grassroots objectives when the Director of Grassroots Initiatives or The Family Foundation Action Campaign manager is unable to do so. This position reports to the VP of Operations, while communicating directly with each operations department head on activities that fall within their purview.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong and independent work ethic.
- Ability to excel on a team that is connected remotely.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Spiritual maturity and a Biblical worldview.
- Demonstrated fundraising/sales experience preferred.
- Public speaking skilled preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Cultivating our Northern VA donor base through one on one meetings.
- Expanding the Northern Va donor base
- Working with the Board and President to identify and cultivate new Board members.
- Assisting the President in cultivating our Advisory Council as a field team for future Board of Directors.
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with key churches/pastors in Northern Va
- Serving as a liaison for The Family Foundation in key policy meetings at the federal level.
- Enhancing the coalition relationships among allied organizations
- Facilitating grassroots engagement in the Northern VA area.