Becoming a CLS Member
CLS is a non-denominational Christian membership association of lawyers, judges, law professors, law students, and other associates (friends of CLS who do not have a law degree) whose members participate in the broad and rich variety of Christian congregational life and traditions. Membership in the Christian Legal Society is open to all who believe in and sign CLS’ Statement of Faith.
As most recently reaffirmed by CLS’ Board of Directors on May 4, 1996, CLS "affirms that the Society welcomes believers in Jesus Christ of all denominations and traditions consistent with the Christian Legal Society Statement of Faith." Subsequently, the CLS Board of Directors has approved a CLS Community Life Statement and its principles, which informs all CLS ministries and is affirmed by all officers (local and national), directors, and staff.
To become a CLS member, all applicants must first affirm the CLS Statement of Faith below:
The CLS Statement of Faith
All officers, directors, members, advisory council members, and staff of CLS shall, as a condition of their employment or membership in CLS, acknowledge in writing their acceptance of, and agreement with the following Statement of Faith, as set forth in Article II, Section 1 of CLS’ corporate by-laws, as amended:
Trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior, I believe in:
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
- The Deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary; His vicarious death for our sins through which we receive eternal life; His bodily resurrection and personal return.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The Bible as the inspired Word of God.
Click Here to AFFIRM the Statement of faith and continue.
Click Here for a PDF of the CLS Membership Form / Statement of Faith.