Assoc Professor of Law
Office of the Provost: School of Law
Posting Number: R0000843
Posted Jan. 25
Classification Title Full Time
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Job Description Summary
Faculty are essential to Liberty University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ. It is expected that a faculty member model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal spiritual formation within a biblically informed Christian worldview. Faculty should view their teaching, engagement with students, and scholarship as a means to a significant educational end. They should strive to employ a variety of techniques for the development of good learning conditions, view each student as a unique individual, and insofar as it is possible, provide for individual differences, abilities, and interests.
Liberty university school of law invites applicants for a full-time associate professor in the residential juris doctor program. the most competitive applicants will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and possess a strong biblical worldview. additionally, faculty need to passionately support our mission to equip future leaders in law with a superior legal education in fidelity to the christian faith expressed through the holy scriptures. liberty university school of law is part of the broadest community in the world, namely the kingdom of god which encompasses every nation, ethnic group, and language. accordingly, we welcome and encourage faculty candidates from across this diverse spectrum to apply.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Teach first-year, upper division required, and elective classes
- Engage in scholarship
- Mentor students
- Provide timely feedback in the form of assessments, grading, and other requested formats
- Follow guidelines, policies, and procedures as outlined in the faculty handbook
Qualifications And Credentials
Education And Experience
- J.d. degree from an aba accredited law school
- Recognized academic and professional background
- Must give unmistakable promise of ability for excellent teaching, scholarship, service, and ability to work as part of a team.
- At least three years of prior law school teaching experience or at least seven years of practice experience required.
- Clear demonstration of commitment to the mission as evidenced by past scholarship
- Commitment to student mentoring and professional development
- Enthusiasm for working with law students
Target Hire Date 06/30/2023
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter