The Director of Communications and Marketing Ministry will be commissioned to develop the strategy for conveying publicly and educating membership in Christian Legal Society’s mission. Specific responsibilities for this ministry shall include all communications, marketing, web maintenance and design, social media, graphic design, and public relations messages. This is a hands-on position requiring many practical skill sets and will serve as the single point of expertise to drive the public presence and perception of the Christian Legal Society. The director of communications will work closely with the senior management team, ministry directors, and director of development to manage all aspects of the position with autonomy. The position demands someone who is a self-starter with proven experience in many overlapping fields.
Major Ministerial Duties:
- Cultivate a mature, fruitful relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully pray for discernment of the Holy Spirit in how CLS can witness the love and justice of God to a watching world.
- Participate and lead on occasion staff corporate prayer and Bible Study.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a communications plan in collaboration with senior leadership, ministry directors, and the director of development.
- Develops, coordinates, distributes, and manages all CLS media including but not limited to press releases, newsletters, published materials, blog posts, social media, website, and television/radio appearances.
- Coordinates and participates in the generation and distribution of content including but not limited to external communication including newsletters, news briefs, website, and social media platforms.
- Works closely with the director of development on the mail schedule.
- Puts communication vehicles in place to create awareness within the chapters and clinics in collaboration with ministry directors.
- Stays abreast of new communication and marketing opportunities and implements when needed.
- Performs and coordinates website maintenance and upkeep to ensure new and consistent information is posted regularly and timely.
- Leads, develops, and maintains CLS branding. Reviews all media, correspondence, and communications to ensure branding guidelines are enforced.
- Collaborates in the editing process for all written, verbal, and published communications, focusing on quality and content.
- Creates and develops media relationships, with the purpose of promoting or getting CLS staff in media placements, interviews, as well as getting op-eds and editorials published in a variety of media.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to a budget.
- Able to sincerely affirm CLS Statement of Faith, Mission, Core Values and conduct oneself, by God’s grace, in manner worthy of Christ and consistent with our understanding of the Bible.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field that ensures excellent writing and editing skills that conform to nationally accepted journalistic style.
- Experience in communications or public relations demonstrating writing and editing experience covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and external facing communications, with experience in non-profit/legal preferred.
- Media connections a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the appropriate audiences through the best communication channels.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new ideas and initiatives. Ability to collaborate with an extensive leadership team.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality requirements, as well as utilize good judgment in the preparation and distribution of confidential information.
Salary or salary range: Commensurate with experience
Requirements: see above
Closing Date: Open until filled
Statement of Faith – All employees must be able to sincerely affirm CLS Statement of Faith and subscribe to our Community Life Statement, affirm our Mission, Core Values and conduct oneself, by God’s grace, in manner worthy of Christ and consistent with our understanding of the Bible. Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file name to email@example.com. View SOF here: https://www.christianlegalsociety.org/who-we-serve/#statement_of_faith
Please send cover letter and resume/cv detailing your interest in the position with an emphasis on how your experience aligns with the position’s responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position but will contact only those to whom we offer an interview. All correspondence should be by email and not by phone.
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Ways to Give
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter