Mission & Authority
This position’s primary responsibilities include employment law, contract management, and data privacy/security. This individual will represent Legal Services and Young Life in a warm, friendly, and Christ-like manner by demonstrating a love for the Lord and other people, a servant heart, humility, diligence, organization, flexibility, resourcefulness and a professional approach.
Serve as in-house legal counsel for Young Life advising on a variety of legal matters
- Assist in providing full scope of legal representation to Young Life with a primary focus on legal support for Young Life in the United States.
- Provide legal advice on labor and employment matters, including new laws and regulations, internal investigations, and dispute resolution.
- Prepare, review, and manage contracts – such as vendor contracts and construction contracts.
- Assist with data privacy, security, compliance, and management, including GDPR compliance.
- Prepare and review corporate documents.
- Dispute resolution and litigation management.
- Provide timely legal analysis and recommendations to Young Life leadership.
- Work with Young Life staff across the U.S. and around the world to assist in legal matters.
- Work with and manage outside legal counsel to achieve necessary services within budget constraints.
- Work with multi-functional teams (Human Resources, Finance, Operations, etc.).
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to maintain positive work relationships and collaborate well with others.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Process-oriented, self-starter with good project management skills and flexible attitude.
- Diplomatic with good negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of contract language.
- Experience in research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Adaptable, compassionate, and gracious attitude.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with work-related information.
Job-Specific Working Conditions
- The anticipated salary range is anywhere from $71,397 to $97,570 annually based on experience.
- General office working environment at the Young Life Service Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado or hybrid and remote options.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Small amounts of lifting not more than 20 pounds.
Note: This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
Education and Credentials
- Juris Doctor degree.
- License to practice law in appropriate jurisdiction, ability to achieve Colorado licensing within six months, if required.
Experience Required for the Job
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a licensed attorney.
- Prior experience in employment law, transactional law (corporate, contracts, etc.), and/or data privacy/security law.
- Previous ministry experience as employee or volunteer preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (at no cost to you).
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan (up to four percent).
- Health club benefit.
- And more!
How To Apply:
Submit an online application, https://jobs.younglife.org/legal-counsel/.
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter