Mauck & Baker, LLC is seeking a part-time or full-time law clerk/paralegal to work in our firm starting immediately. This position performs a variety of legal support duties to attorneys and clients and has the potential to be considered for a future associate position.
This position will afford significant opportunities to advocate for religious liberty in the areas of zoning, evangelism, Establishment Clause protection, free speech and protection of children including those not yet born.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research and prepare memoranda.
- Assist attorneys in the drafting and editing of documents, including transcription and the assembly of exhibits.
- Review and revise legal documents.
- Keep cases organized by establishing and managing files; monitoring calendars for assigned cases; inputting information into document management software.
Hiring Criteria and Qualifications:
An ideal candidate
- has excellent research and writing abilities;
- has an ability to do complex and accurate analysis;
- has interests in constitutional law and analysis, real estate, probate, tax, small business, non-profit, and/or litigation;
- has ability to work well under pressure, i.e., conflicting and fluctuating deadlines, and effectively reprioritizing multiple tasks of urgency and importance with minimal supervision;
- has an ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, with minimal supervision;
- has an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- is a problem solver.
Schedule: Monday through Friday. If part time, flexible days/shift; certain hours of in person in the office is required.
Experience: Candidate must be enrolled in law school, preferably 2L or 3L; previous work experience in other law firms or legal setting preferred but not required. Proficiency in Spanish or Korean is a plus.
Please send resume, a few writing samples, and cover letter to Soo Yeon Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter