Old Towne Associates, P.C. (“OTA”) is seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our team! We are a growing boutique law firm located in Alexandria, VA, and represent clients in civil rights, defamation, non-profit formation, business contracts, labor, and employment law. We handle cases in federal, administrative, and state courts in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
We are looking for a self-starter fearless attorney who shares our commitment to making a positive difference in clients’ lives and in our community. We pride ourselves in mentoring and investing in the growth of our attorneys by giving them opportunities to rise & shine. Our attorneys gain invaluable practical experience working directly with the Firm attorneys and clients on cases to provide high-level assistance throughout all phases of litigation and trial work. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to see first-hand how strong work product and creativity can have a great impact on our clients, our practice, and case precedent.
We are only considering candidates who possess strong research and writing skills, and superior analytical ability, who are detail-oriented, highly motivated, and are able to manage multiple tasks and their time well. They must exhibit the highest standards of excellence, good judgment, resourcefulness, professional confidentiality and integrity, and exhibit to all people a courteous and professional attitude.
- Handle a diverse portfolio of active cases under the supervision of the partner;
- Conduct substantive and procedural legal research;
- Review local rules and court orders;
- Draft and file legal memoranda, complaints, motions and oppositions, proposed orders, other pleadings, and appellate documents;
- Draft and send letters to the court with court filings;
- Fill out forms to accompany court and administrative filings;
- Draft OCR, OFCCP, OCC, OIG, EEOC, NLRB, and other administrative documents;
- Draft correspondence to opposing counsel and administrative bodies;
- Draft discovery requests, responses and document productions;
- Draft discovery deficiency letters;
- Draft and issue subpoenas;
- Prepare for oral arguments;
- Summarize deposition testimony;
- Prepare deposition, trial, and expert materials;
- Litigate cases in courts and before administrative bodies;
- Assist with trying cases, as needed;
- Calendar meetings, depositions, hearings, trial dates, and other events related to your cases;
- Attend mediations, depositions, and court proceedings with attorneys, as needed;
- Engage in client interviews, meetings, and consultations;
- Post daily time entries into client billing system;
- Manage schedule to ensure that tasks are completed on time; and
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
Two years or more of experience in a reputable practice. Virginia State Bar admission required. DC and MD bar admission is a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to submit an application package including the following: (1) a cover letter detailing your prior legal experience, why you want to work for OTA and what you would offer the Firm; (2) a résumé; (3) a legal writing sample; and (4) three professional references. You must upload these four documents together into one PDF document. Your application package should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Salary is commensurate with experience and may range from $60,000 to $75,000 per year. We offer an excellent benefits package including but not limited to fully paid health insurance and the opportunity for a retirement plan with employer match for the right candidate who successfully completes a 90-day probation period. The Firm also offers an innovative yearly bonus structure.
Please note that this position is primarily in-person with an option for remote work depending on ability and experience level.
JDs and LLM STUDENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND NEED NOT APPLY.
No phone calls please. No recruiter/employment agency calls please.
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter