Old Towne Associates, P.C. (“OTA”) is seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our team! We are a growing boutique law firm located in Alexandria, VA, and represent clients in civil rights, defamation, non-profit formation, business contracts, labor, and employment law. We handle cases in federal, administrative, and state courts in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Throughout their tenure at OTA, our Paralegals gain substantive hands-on legal experience that develops their skills daily as they learn the legal procedure, litigation strategy, and client advocacy through their work. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in law school, to gain a better understanding of the practice of law, and to see first-hand how strong work product can have a great impact on our clients, our practice, and case precedent.
We are only considering candidates who have GRIT, are energetic, detail-oriented, proactive and highly motivated and are able to manage multiple priorities and their time well. They must exhibit the highest standards of excellence, good judgment, professional confidentiality and integrity, and display, at all times and to all persons, a courteous and professional attitude. They must possess excellent academic credentials, strong research and writing skills, and superior analytical ability. The selected Paralegals will gain invaluable practical experience working directly with the Principal and Firm clients on cases to provide high-level assistance throughout all phases of litigation and trial work. This is a wonderful mentorship opportunity for future law students to learn about law practice.
- Assist attorneys with handling a diverse portfolio of legal matters
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Order office supplies
- Coordinate recycling drop off
- Create, organize, and maintain both administrative and client files
- Maintain calendar/schedule (heavy calendar management)
- Assist in preparing and filing pleadings for Court
- Edit and input accurate time entries for partners, contractors, and other attorneys (using Rocket Matter)
- Regularly coordinate conference calls, meetings, and travel arrangements
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and vendors
- Track and submit reimbursements
- Track and submit Continuing Legal Education (CLE), Bar, and various association requirements
- Draft, proofread, and revise correspondence and documents
- Assist attorneys with organizing exhibits and maintaining pleading indexes and files
- Perform substantive and procedural legal research and summarize your research assignments for attorneys
- Assist attorneys with drafting EEOC and NLRB administrative documents
- Assist attorneys with drafting legal memoranda, complaints, substantive preliminary and trial motions and oppositions, and appeal motions
- Assist attorneys with preparing discovery requests, responses and document productions
- Assist attorneys with preparing discovery deficiency letters
- Assist attorneys with drafting proposed orders and letters to the court
- Assist attorneys with issuing subpoenas and preparing for court hearings
- Summarize deposition testimony
- Prepare deposition, trial, and expert materials
- Provide on-site trial support, as needed
- Calendar meetings, depositions, hearings, trial dates, and other events, as necessary for attorneys and other attendees
- Attend mediations, depositions, and court proceedings with attorneys, as needed
- Post daily time entries into client billing system
- Review local rules and court orders
- Manage schedule to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
Paralegals are provided with training, support, and flexibility to balance busy caseloads with their evening school schedule. OTA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and paid educational leave days in addition to PTO for Paralegals who successfully complete a 90-day probationary period.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to submit an application package including all of the following: (1) a cover letter detailing any prior experience you have working in a law practice or in an administrative role, why you want to work for Old Towne Associates, P.C. and what you can offer the Firm based on your knowledge, skills, and abilities; (2) a résumé; (3) a legal writing sample; and (4) three professional references with two from former employers. Your application package should be emailed to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
$18-$24/hour commensurate with experience Eligible for benefits upon completion of a 90-day probation period
Please note that this position is primarily in-person with an option for remote work depending on ability and experience level.
Attorneys, JDs and LLM STUDENTS, will not be considered and need not apply.
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter