Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
World Relief seeks an experienced immigration attorney to provide legal training, produce resources, and answer legal technical questions from immigration law practitioners at World Relief local offices and faith-based nonprofit affiliates. This position will also work closely with the National Immigration Programs team to establish standards and policies regarding legal and programmatic issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer legal questions pertaining to individual cases, immigration law, and government policy and practice by email and phone from World Relief immigration legal practitioners in local offices and faith-based nonprofit affiliates.
- Produce legal trainings and written resources on various immigration legal topics, policy, practice and procedure (e.g., 40-Hour Basic Immigration Law Training, monthly webinars, practice advisories, weekly roundtables, weekly immigration update e-newsletters).
- With Director and other members of National Immigration Programs team, establish standards and policies regarding relevant legal and programmatic issues.
- Plan and present in-person and virtual trainings for World Relief.
- Collaborate with other organizations on immigration policy, advocacy, training, and other issues.
- Act as a mentor for programs needing additional assistance, such as conducting case review meetings.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of Immigration Legal Services programs at World Relief local offices and program check-ins with affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary or salary range: $73,000-$83,000
- Mature and personal Christian faith Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief.
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities.
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document.
- At least five to seven years of recent experience in family-based and humanitarian-based immigration law.
- Licensed attorney in a jurisdiction in the United States, and in good standing in all jurisdictions where admitted.
- Mastery of basic computer skills.
- Strong commitment to legal ethics and ability to keep information confidential.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience training in-person and in virtual learning platforms.
- Commitment and ability to work in a team-based environment, while being able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively and professionally work with individuals from many different backgrounds; able to handle sensitive situations with tact and confidentiality.
- Cross-cultural experience.
- Mentoring skills.
- Experience with immigration program management.
- Experience in immigration court with removal proceedings.
- Background in program coordination and supervisory experience.
- Remote work experience.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Website or application links: https://jobs.lever.co/wr/3e5d42be-8248-455a-819f-3fbff0e56afd
Director, CLS Law School Fellows
Law Student Ministries Coordinator
Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
Board of Directors
CLS National Conference
The Christian Lawyer
Journal of Christian Legal
Cross & Gavel Podcast
Find a CLA Clinic
Find a Christian Attorney
Help with a Religious
Renew Your Membership
Partner with CLS
Find an Attorney Chapter
Find a Law Student Chapter