Join a growing law practice focused on the impact investment sector, offering remote practice opportunities with a focus on our growing practice serving mission-driven companies and their investors. Founded by one of the drafting authors of the Benefit Corporation White Paper and an experienced Impact Investment VC-focused General Counsel, the firm offers excellent work-life balance and growth opportunities for hardworking, purpose-driven attorneys.
Well-qualified candidates will possess 4-7 years of experience practicing in venture capital transactions and corporate transactional law. Experience with startups, investors, and a wide array of business law experience will be valued. Bar admission and good standing in CA, NY, or DE is required. This job requires the ability to work remotely in a professional environment, manage competing priorities and deadlines, and draft competently with attention to detail.
The position presents the opportunity to grow and gain experience in the following areas. Prior experience in these areas will be necessary.
- Fund Formation & LP Private Placements
- Investment Advisor ('40 Act) Regulation and Registration Compliance
- Opportunity Zone Fund Formation & Placements
- SPV and Sidecar Formation & Placements
- Due Diligence & Transaction Documents
- Private Placement Offering Exemptions and Documentation
- Reg D, Reg A, and Reg CF Offerings
- SAFE, Common and Preferred Stock, and Convertible Debt Offerings
- Term Negotiation and Placement
- Issuer Due Diligence Preparation
- Startup Formation
- Founder RSPAs, IP Assignments, Employment Agreements
- Software Development and License Agreements
- Board Governance-UWCs, Minutes, Compliance
- Stockholder Rights
- Equity Incentive Plans and Awards - ISOs, NSOs, RSAs
- Debt Transactions
Interested applicants may apply through linkedin. Indicate CLS involvement, if applicable.