Click here to apply: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/6189826-senior-associate-couns…
A day in the life of a Senior Associate Counsel
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well as special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to pray for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
Serving with our Legal Team means that you would not only be surrounded by gifted attorneys who are skilled and passionate about their work, but they are also passionate about a career with purpose! Are you ready to "roll up your sleeves" and use the talents God has given you to further the Kingdom of Christ?
- Provide legal services related to contracts, state and federal registrations and filings, Office of Foreign Asset and Commerce filings, immigration, employment, employee benefits, nonprofit law, fundraising law, aviation, information technology, special events, and laws applicable to our charitable program services worldwide.
- Assist with provision of legal advice, guidance, instruction, and other legal services to Samaritan’s Purse departments and management as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant legal and regulatory compliance information and provides advice and training related thereto.
- Assist with drafting, editing, and review of all contracts prior to execution by Samaritan’s Purse staff.
- Assist with software agreements and Information Technology contracts. Advise on protective language.
- Develop familiarity with new areas of law as requested, necessary, and assigned.
- Assist other attorneys in support of International Projects field offices and travel internationally for legal field audits, registrations, and other international legal matters as assigned.
- Monitor and assist management with analysis of various risk management issues, including review of and assistance with Samaritan’s Purse’s portfolio of insurance policies.
- Assists with the review and documentation of requests for permissions to use Samaritan’s Purse intellectual property.
- Reviews Communication materials prior to publication for legal compliance as needed.
- Performs legal audits as assigned.
- Works with and manages outside legal counsel when outsourcing legal services impacting the organization, within areas of primary responsibility.
- Reviews legal documents such as wills, trusts, beneficiary forms, estate inventories and accountings, and court filings to identify and help to secure Samaritan’s Purse interests in estates where a planned gift is included for the ministry.
- Assists Associate General Counsel and General Counsel in handling other research projects, duties, and activities as assigned.
- Acts as a point of contact with senior management, internal departments, data subjects, and supervisory authorities.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
In the role of Senior Associate Counsel, you will perform duties assigned by Associate General Counsel and General Counsel, such as providing legal and regulatory compliance advice, guidance, instruction, and other legal services to management and Samaritan’s Purse departments.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree with four to six years’ related experience (required).
- Current license to practice law in at least one US state or the District of Columbia (required).
- In-House Counsel experience preferred but not required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience with contract reviews and managing litigations.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of key domestic and international employment and labor laws. Able to adapt quickly to new laws.
- Experience working with software agreements and IT contracts a plus. Able to advise on protective language.
- Fundamental project management skills.
- Ability to think critically, quickly, and creatively to develop business solutions that work.
- Possess diplomacy and negotiating skills.
- Strong research, impeccable attention to detail, interpersonal, delegation, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgement for complex and confidential matters.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Expertise in communicating complex legal matters to a wide audience with clarity; training experience is a plus.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to skillfully influence without authority.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Ability to travel. Domestic and International travel may be required.
Job Location: Boone, NC (International Headquarters)
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel. Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Twelve or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)